I am the sort of person to make New Year resolutions but never follow through with them. Well, maybe I do for about a week. Anyway, this year I am determined to stick with them. I’m going to do ‘check-in’ posts throughout the year to help motivate me.
- Get healthier – So I would like to lose weight, but I think getting healthier is way more important. I have a couple of health issues so I want to do as much as possible to help relieve some of the pain I experience, and eating better will for sure help me. I’m a vegan so I should know better. But just because I’m vegan doesn’t mean I’m healthy. I want to change that. I would ideally like to be on a 95% raw diet by August. Wish me luck with this one, I think it’s going to be the hardest one.
- Save my money – I am so terrible with money. I’m actually ashamed at how irresponsible I am. Well, I mean I’m not the worst with money, I’m just not where I would like to be. This year I want to save enough money to either put a deposit down on a flat in London or to travel. I’d like to be able to have the option of either but I’m not really holding my breath.
- Set a routine – Having a routine is so important. I think it helps to improve productivity, punctuality, effectiveness and even your health. I want to have a ‘bedtime’ and a ‘wake up time’. This will help me regulate my sleeping, and hopefully help with the fatigue I feel. I hope that this year will be sorted with the beginnings of a career, so a routine will help me work efficiently around a job too.
- Learn a new skill – As you know, I mention it often, I’m learning French – slowly but surely. I’ve been trying to learn the language for a very long time so I’d like to try and nail it this year. I’m not saying be fluent by the end of the year, but just make a positive effort into improving it. Along with continuing my French journey, I’d like to learn something completely different. I took piano lessons when I was younger and I’d really like to pick it up again, so maybe I’ll try and give the piano a go again. I’ll let you know, though.
- Work on me – I am so determined to work on myself this year. That means taking care of my health and mental health. I have mental health problems and I’ve recently noticed a positive change in my mind so I’d really love to continue trying to make myself happy. It’s so important to look after yourself, and sometimes I forget. I’m definitely going to try my best.
- Improve my work ethic – It’s not that I don’t have a work ethic, it’s just that I’ve lost it recently. Working on me and improving my work ethic go hand-in-hand I think. I’ve put them separately but I would really like to achieve both of them. I have to push myself this year to sort myself out in a career sense. It’s important to me to find something I really love doing, writing is that for me so I want to push myself out of my comfort zone.
Have you got any New Year resolutions?